BAPP Skype Induction

And so it begins!

Last Friday evening, I was scheduled in for my first group Skype call for the BAPP course. This group call was an induction led by our course leader, Adesola, to introduce us to the UniHub and Programme Page. These pages are central to our distance learning with all the information we need for our course:


  • Supervisor Blogs and Contact Details
  • Modules 1-3 Blogs
  • Academic Calendar
  • Programme and Module Handbooks - we were encouraged to not only read our Module Handbooks but continuously refer back to them throughout our studies.
  • Forms and Templates - Study Plan Forms (to fill and return to our designated supervisor ready for a 1:1 Skype call), Feedback Exchange Forms, Consent Forms (Module 2)
  • Library Support - resources, reading lists using our ACI module number, study guides.
  • Ethics Portal (Module 2)
  • General Support - student card, student union, support, lifelong careers advice.
  • Submission Folder - to be used ready for hand in of Module 1 (Dec 17th)

So, really, everything is in one place and it was reassuring to know that everything we need for our studies is centralised in one hub to refer back to.

Adesola's talk, alongside supervisors Helen and Maria, was positive, informative and reassuring, especially since we are all distance learners. Adesola stressed the word community - we are all to comment on each other's blogs, join in on Skype calls (no matter what module we are on), communicate and support one another to ensure we all get the very best out of our studies.

There really is a sense of community support and spirit so by the time I signed off from the call, I felt enthusiastic and positive. I look forward to my Skype call with my Supervisor, Helen, for us to discuss my Study Plan Form on our 1:1.

In the meantime, I would like to wish everyone the best of luck on their BAPP jouney!

Have fun!

Comments

  1. A great blog Louise, I also share the same sense of community from the programme and am excited to hear about your journey through your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Louise, a very informative introduction blog. As a Dance Teacher also I look forward to sharing my ideas and discussing our practice together. Hoping our paths cross on Skype soon. charliesteggles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts