Shattering The Glass Ceiling

There are times in life when you find yourself comfortable.

I am 26, recently married to a wonderful man, I have a home, a car, and I have a work that I adore.
Everything is great and I am in a place in my life where I can say that I am truly happy. All except for where I am in my profession.

For the past couple of years I have come to find that all is well and good in the work area, apart from there is this glass ceiling that I have my nose unattractively pressed against. There is something inside me that knows I really want to break through and reach my next potential but wasn't all too sure as to how to do so, but I do know this: I am not yet qualified.

In a way, that makes me feel really embarrassed to say because it almost seems like I'm a fraud: I teach, yet I am not qualified to teach. For me, experience has been my bread and butter, where I have been learning the processes of the job on the job, and I am able to easily transpire my experience in the Performing Arts to my teaching, although progression is limited. Without a degree, I am unable to break that glass ceiling to progress higher to become a qualified teacher!

This is where this blog comes in!

I have seen a crack in the glass and that is to go back to my studies and better myself as a practitioner in my craft and reach my next lot in life.. With each passing module, I will be able to break my way through the glass and achieve all I set out for.

The excitement is real!

Stay tuned.

Comments

Popular Posts