1:1 Supervisor Skype Call

Last week, I had a lovely chat with my BAPP Supervisor, Helen. She was really clear on what was expected of me for my Module 1 and when I was unsure as to what I need to submit ready for December 17th, Helen broke it down for me:

I am to produce a reflective portfolio essay where I relate theory to my practice. This includes an essay and diagram map (which I shall use video for), and I am to focus on reflection and communication to produce a successful first module submission.

Helen also mentioned that I need to identify 3 areas of learning, for example:

  1. Auditioning
  2. Running a production
  3. Teaching my practice with influence from people I have met

I shan't discuss so much on auditioning, therefore will choose another area to identify, however the areas of numbers 2 and 3 relate to me very well.

The diagram map is to showcase my field of practice and identify myself in a broader landscape.

It is all very exciting and I am enjoying the beginning of unpicking my learning and exploring my own professional practice, which until now I never really sat and thought about in much detail.

I am currently still annotating, blacking out and highlighting my handbook to better understand what I am going to produce as my Module One submission.

Hope you are all enjoying the process so far, too!

Comments

  1. Hi Louise, it looks like you are off to a great start. I found this really helpful, having picked through the handbook I have loads of thoughts but wasn't sure how I was going to create an essay with them. I look forward to seeing your reflections unfold.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts