Let's Start At The Very Beginning (of module two)

As Julie Andrews sang in 'The Sound of Music':

Let's start at the very beginning,
A very good place to start,
When you ready you begin with
A B C.

When you start your inquiry you begin with your reading.

Okay, so maybe Julie didn't quite sing that, however it is something to consider before trying to map out your inquiry. Next week, I have my Skype call with my Supervisor, Helen, to discuss my modes of inquiry and talk through my Module Two, review last year's comments, where I am at now and what I am going to do in order to construct my research and inquiry proposal.

Choosing an inquiry was the easy part, but what made it harder for me was to construct my inquiry proposal. So, to learn from my struggles this year, I have set myself two sets of reading homework (other than my handbook) before my Skype call with Helen: 


Doing Your Research Project: A Guide for First-Time Researchers 
by Judith Bell and Stephen Waters
-
This book will be my first read and probably my most important read to start with. I want to make sure that I have the tools to effectively research my project in order to write up an effective inquiry proposal.
The relevancy to my practice regarding this resource and what I have learnt through Bell and Water's guide will be written in a separate blog post that will mean I can return to the post when I feel stuck. 


Researching Dance : Evolving Modes of Inquiry 
by Sondra Horton Fraleigh and Penelope Hanstein
-
My second reading homework I have set myself.
Once I have read and written up my reflective blog post for the above resource, I will move on to Researching Dance: Evolving Modes of Inquiry, which will have some relevancy to my practice as a Dance Teacher and Choreographer as well as giving light into evolving my inquiry.
Again, once I have read, I shall write up a blog post regarding my material and what I have taken away from it.



To my mind, reading Researching Dance: Evolving Modes of Inquiry will be a natural progression from reading Doing Your Research Project: A Guide for First Time Researchers. I am hoping to see some correlation between both reading materials that I have set myself for homework before next week, in order to construct my inquiry proposal successfully.

Those of you also in Module Two, or have even progressed onto Module Three, I would love to know what reading materials you had read/are reading to help you construct your Module Two essay?

In the meantime, I will see you in the next post, dedicated to my first read.

Ciao for now x

Comments

Popular Posts