20/04/2020 - Module Three Focus Skype Call

Module Three Focus - 20th April 2020

What I would like to discuss - Artefact and Oral Presentations

Fellow Module Three Students - not sure what to do for our presentations
Module Two Students - interested in listening in on Module Three students


What is an artefact?

Helen questioned Module Two students on what they think an artefact is.
  1.  Physical and more visual, not so much written.
  2. It is a way that fits in with You. Relatable to you - pictures, a dance, written.
  3. Something that is creative - a way of conveying something in a creative manner that matters to you - creating a movement piece, expressing what you want to communicate.
  4. Video and a sheet of information to describe what was happening in the video.

A way of demonstrating, not written.

Module Three - Artefact  - I am interested in creating and choreographing a piece that translates my feelings during my research process, specifically since I found out Dance has been pulled from the curriculum from me.

Mod Two - Find it interesting to watch - explaining what it means to me. 
Mod Three - awesome - it’s for me - relates to me directly - it’s fair - put my personal feeling into it - what the whole process is about - relates directly to how I feel

Looking back on Module One - hadn’t grasped what an artefact is! 

SO IMPORTANT: The whole process of this course is all about growth and our ever changing practice.

Communicating something of my journey of the inquiry process - apply that to my choreography.

Step back from the artefact and ask “what have I felt during this inquiry process?”

Upload to vimeo and send video link and password at end of critical review.






What is our presentation going to be?

Refining what we want to say and get across - focus on the whole journey and things that have stood out from each module, realise something that has had a profound effect on me.

Twenty minutes to get across what we want to say.

Bullet point what we want to say in really simple terms - cross out the irrelevant points to focus on relevant.

Twenty minutes to talk  I suggested in seeing it as a performance “my time to shine” - as a teacher, I can see it as teaching my audience just as I would teach my class who are new to the knowledge.

Suggestion - presenting to other people to get into practice.

Helen - present with confidence, therefore PREPARE - go through a process of drafting it, giving it a go, revise it, refine it - expect it to go through a similar process of when writing an essay. What are my research questions? How did I want to go about it? Why did I want to do it?
Don’t be afraid to be vulnerable. Be honest. Be open with twists and turns. Don’t mask things in that this was the “perfect inquiry”. Look at the whole process - did I tear my hair out? Did I hit a turning point? Don’t make a glossy presentation - it’s important to show the cracks (the fact that I am coming to the end of my degree in a pandemic)
In a way, I wish I had not taken this for granted.

My question - Do we discuss our artefact as well? YES! Share it - play a film of it or intersperse movement in my speaking. It can be integral in the midst of the talk or seperate (toward the end).

This all requires the same care, consideration, and integrity.


Talk around the idea of self-reflection:

Key to the BAPP.

Connections to the Modules - reflection is not the same for each module.

No right or wrong. No tick marks. Just like us as creatives!

Develop as you go.

Some may require some more reflection than others.

The beauty of the whole thing - it’s great that it’s difficult and that everyone will have a different perspective.

My input - Learned something about me in a way I would not have in any other experience than this course! It has actually reflected now into my practice. Grown to be a part of me.

IT IS SO REFRESHING TO TALK AND DISCUSS WITH OTHER STUDENTS WHO UNDERSTAND AND RELATE TO MY THOUGHTS.

Helen - what our professional practice is, is not a separate entity and that life does come within our professional practice - it’s great how the course has provided life skills and this is what education is about - the more we feel empowered or see things differently is vital in us being people in the world together.
Beyond Module Three - sets us up in thinking and doing of who we are.
BA in Professional Practice - not just Dance or Acting. Bear in mind our learning is around our professional practice and how meaningful it is to us and how we move through the world. There’s a philosophy underpinned underneath it.



My key considerations in creating my artefact:
What is the Key to the whole process of MY inquiry?
How might I share it?
How might I express the journey of my inquiry?
What has it felt like to ME?
What tools do I have to use as a medium of expression? - choreography, short film, drawing, some images? What might be appropriate?

CHOREOGRAPHY
JOY OF DANCE
FREEDOM OF EXPRESSION
TENTATIVE
SELF CONFIDENCE

DANCE IN THE CURRICULUM TAKEN FROM ME

Comments

Popular Posts