Creating My Artefact - Module Three

Friday 1st May is D-Day (Deadline Day) for my Module 3 submission.

I have sat here in my home office gathering my thoughts on what I want my artefact to be and how I am to present it.

In a Skype call at the beginning of the week, we discussed artefacts, and I put forward my idea of choreographing a dance that was to relate to my feelings towards conducting my research, to which I then mentioned how I was informed that Dance would be taken off our school curriculum in the 2020-2021 Academic Year.

The reason behind selecting dance and movement as a form of artefact is that it is:

a) relevant to me in my practice as a dance teacher and choreographer
b) I could utilise some techniques that I had come across throughout my research.

Now, the technique that I am applying to creating my piece relates to when I observed a Year 7 PE lesson where dance was being taught for a single term, which was Cunningham Technique of 'Dance by Chance'.

'Dance by Chance' in this sense by using a die.

So... right now, I am currently beginning my practical element of my Module Three....


Comments

Popular Posts